The Scientific Committee of the 39th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Singapore Orthopaedic Association would like to invite you to submit abstracts for the P Balasubramaniam Young Orthopaedic Investigator Award, Oral and Poster presentations, where the most up-to-date research works, review challenging and interesting cases from around the world can be shared.
- Abstract submission deadline: 15 August 2016
- Abstract results: 30 August 2016
P Balasubramaniam Young Orthopaedic Investigator Award
The P Balasubramaniam YOIA will be present at the SOA Banquet. If you would like to apply for the award, please select “P Bala YOIA” under the preferred type of presentation in the abstract submission form.
Criteria for the P Balasubramaniam Young Orthopaedic Investigator Award
- Applies only to local Orthopaedic Surgeons below the age of 40 as on January 1st, 2016.
- MUST be a paid member of the Singapore Orthopaedic Association.
- The presenter has to be the Principal Investigator.
- Only original unpublished work (either done overseas or locally) will be considered.
- Clinical and/or scientific papers are preferred especially those which contribute to new knowledge.
- The application is to include a declaration of the amount of work done at the time of submission by the presenter. This will be made known to the P Balasubramaniam YOIA Panel of Judges.
- Submission must be made in an abstract which should not be more than 250 words. Please follow the instructions in the Abstract Submission Guidelines.
Four finalists will be selected on the base of their submitted abstracts, and present their work in the “P Balasubramaniam Young Investigator Award” session. The winner will be announced at the SOA Banquet
Format for Abstract Submission
- Title: Type the title in CAPITAL Letters. Use of abbreviations is not allowed for the title.
- Authors and Affiliations: The first name must be the author who will be presenting the paper. The list of author names should be followed by the author’s institutions, city or state and country. If there are multiple authors, use superscript numbers to match authors and institutions. Please so not include professional title or degrees.
- Content: Abstract must be in a single paragraph containing not more than 250 words.
- The abstract text should have the following sub-headings:
- Materials and Methods
- Abstract must be written in English.
- No tables and images are allowed in the abstracts.
Terms and Conditions
- Abstracts are subjected to review and approved by the 39th ASM scientific committee.
- Abstracts will only be accepted upon full registration fee received.
- Abstracts will appear as submitted. The 39th ASM scientific committee will not be responsible for errors.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the 39th ASM Abstract Book.
- Incomplete abstracts submission will not be accepted.